Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Recalled To Life

 This morning I had my first freestyle lesson with Holly since... October, I think.  The CCIC schedule has changed for the next several weeks so I was able to get in a 7:20 a.m. lesson.  The session was pretty busy (about 15? skaters), ice not so great but okay.

I had about 10 minutes to warm up.

Today's lesson:

  • Stroking -- eep.  
  • back crossovers -- these were actually okay, surprisingly.
  • perimeter XOs -- slow.  The forward pattern was kind of okay, but the back was off a bit (and, still slow).
  • spins -- we did a bunch of them.  The last one was actually okay, especially considering it's been so long.
I'm going to have lessons in this time slot through the 3rd week of July.  Yay!  After that the schedule will change again.  Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home