Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, May 13, 2024

Serpentines

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate.  Really nice ice!

I warmed up with forward edges, I was running late so no scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • B edges -- not bad.  My BI lobes were wildly inconsistent so we did them over again, and they were better. BO were nice.
  • serpentines -- we had not worked on these in a while so we had  go at it.  Of course my flow is horrible right now so I'm not making it a full 1.5 circles (I usually can't even make 1 full circle right now, ugh).  We worked a bunch on the RFO-LFI and then the LFO-RFI.  The FIO change of edge is relatively okay.  The FOI wasn't as bad as I remembered, but of course still needs lots of work.  Eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home