Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Moves & Spins

 My lesson with Holly on the 6:50 a.m. FS at CCIC.  About 12 skaters, ice a bit bumpy on the ends.  I warmed up with stroking.  I'm still getting used to my freestyle blades!

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- the forward pattern was pretty nice, actually.  Speed was improved and I was filling out the space better.  Holly said the BXO side was a bit scratchy so we worked on them a bit. to get me to sit back on the blade a bit.  Some improvement, so we moved on.
  • circle-8 -- we worked these in the middle and then on the end (middle had some snow and was torn up from the production ensemble).    The FOs were lacking, and I couldn't get around.  FI was better.  We worked on getting me to lean into the circle more, and push harder.  There was some improvement but a long way to go.
  • spins -- just a few times on this.  I did 3 or 4 (or 5?) but they were not great.  It was the end of the session & the Zam was coming  :-) so I was a bit concerned lol.
It's good to be back on the ice in freestyle blades.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home