Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Jumps

 My lesson with Holly on the CCIC 6:50 a.m. freestyle.  Ice was okay, about 10 skaters?  I warmed up with stroking.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- these were a bit better than last week.  Pattern was good and while I'd like more speed, really they were okay.
  • waltz jump -- just a few of these to get a nice clean takeoff.
  • salchow -- eep.  It's been a while. We spent some time trying to get me to hold the LBI edge a bit longer and then jump at the right time.  Needs work, but for the first time in like 8 months I'll totally take it.
  • toe loop -- eeep, again.   I tend to rush the jump after the turn, so Holly held my hand to get me to slow down.  It did help some but they are still quite rushed, cheated, and two-footed landings.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home