Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, August 26, 2024

B Edges, Waltz-8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate.  Nice ice, 8 skaters.  I scribed circles and warmed up with forward edges.


Today's lesson:

  • B edges -- we ran through the BO edges several times, working to get the free foot in front more quickly and keep that skating shoulder back in the first part of the lobe.  For BI we also ran them several times to get the LBI free foot to come in nicely like it did on the RBI.  These looked much better when we were done.
  • waltz-8 -- we'd not looked at these in a while.  We first did some 3s on the boards, then out to my scribed circles.  Danette held my hand through these, they were pretty rough.  The 3s were fairly ucky, although the step forward on the R side was okay -- L side not so much.  Then Danette got a hockey stick to hold while we went through it.  This really does help to feel where my hands/upper body are.  Eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home