Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, July 29, 2024

FO8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate in our new timeslot.  Nice ice, 5 skaters.  I warmed up with forward edges.

Today's lesson:

  • B edges -- meh.  I'm trying to fix my widestep, and it was a bit better, but still too much.  I was having a hard time controlling my upper body today -- could not keep that leading shoulder back to save my life.  Yuck.  BI were a little rough, too -- that's unusual.  On the RBI I was taking too long to bring my free leg over the print, and on the LBI I was waaaay up on my toe.  Eeep.
  • FO8 -- These were sort of better.  My flow was better, I was generally getting about 3/4 of the way around, but I'm still hunched forward and I have trouble keeping my free shoulder back and leaning into the circle.  Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home