Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, September 23, 2024

The Stick

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate.  Great ice, just 5 skaters.

I warmed up with forward edges and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • B edges -- these were actually pretty good. I am doing a better job of getting that free foot in front promptly.  Still some more work to do on not widestepping the first BI push, but in general not bad, and flow was nice.
  • BO8 -- Danette brought out the stick for me to hold (it's a hockey stick that's been trimmed).  This really does help me be more aware of my upper body position.  So we worked on the BO8.  Besides the fact that my push is totally inadequate to carry me around the whole circle, the RBO was not that bad.  I was able to maintain a reasonably good position the whole time.  The LBO is a different story, so we worked on it a bunch.  Just really having trouble holding that upper body still and resisting the rotation.  Danette held the stick for me and that gave me more confidence to lean into the edge more as well as really to bend the knee and push harder.  More work required tho.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home