Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, September 16, 2024

B Edges & 8s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate. Nice ice and just 4 skaters.  I scribed circles and warmed up with forward edges.  Considering I've been off the ice for 3 weeks they were not bad.

Today's lesson:

  • B edges -- some time on these.  The BO edges were pretty nice.  We spent some time on the BI edges, especially working to avoid the wide step and get better posture/position on the first push and lobe.  Danette had me do an exercise we've tried before, skate 2 lobes on alternate feet and then a full circle.  Eeep.  At one point Danette yelled, "Gordon STOP!" as Sarah and I were both inadvertently headed for each other (I was going backward).  I was rather startled and wound up falling, my hardest fall in a long time.  I'm perfectly okay.  Rather proud of myself as for a minute I thought I was going to fall backward and I managed to fall to the side.  Yay!
  • 8s -- from there we moved to the circles for the last 10 minutes or so.  FO8... eep.  I was going flat on the LFO.  Not sure what's up with that.  FI8 was relatively okay.  BO8 was not bad.  In all of these I'm not quite making it around the circle tho.  So frustrating.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home