Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 30, 2010

F8s & BO8

Today's figures lesson on the Chandler coffee club as usual... I had a work meeting so Lynne took me after Mary's lesson.  Ice was pretty good and there were only 6 skaters.

  • BO8s -- we started with these since I'd told Lynne I'd made some good progress.  Indeed they were still pretty good (yay!) and I am doing a much better job of keeping a good position after the push-off.  I was really really happy with this although there's still a lot to do to refine and polish these.
  • FO8 -- we spent most of the lesson on these since they are my weakest point.  Still very, very inconsistent :-(.  Not much I can say that's new on these it's the same issues that I've been having.
  • FI8 -- these were pretty good.  I still need to really watch on the LFI8 to keep the free hip back -- I think if I turn my foot out on the push it really helps to have the free hip back at the start.
Only one lesson left before the competition in Portland!  Eeep!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home