Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Edges & F8s

Today's figures lesson on the Chandler coffee club.  This is moved earlier this week as Lynne will be at a competition.

Today's lesson:
  • Edges -- I was doing these when Lynne got on the ice so of course we worked on them. FI were good, FO... okay.  BI were a bit wonky (I had not done them in a long time) but improved.  BO were actually pretty good, I was quite pleased.
  • FI8 -- we started a fresh layout and did one set of FI8s and they were AWESOME!  I was so pleased!  They were really quite good, circe size, tracing, all of it.  
  • FO8 -- what a contrast these are.  We spent the rest of the lesson working on them, especially the LFO8.  I did some that were pretty good and others that were not.  They are so inconsistent!  I have not figured out what I need to always do to get a good edge from the outset and if I don't then it's 50-50 whether I can fix it or not (and if I can, whether I still have enough speed to make it around the circle).  Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home