Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Program Prep

I went to bed last night about midnight, and woke up at 3:15 a.m. and couldn't sleep.  When it got to be about 5:20 a.m. I decided that I should just go skate starting at 6:15 instead of 7.

I had a pretty good skate before my lesson.  Did a program runthrough and actually landed the salchow!  That was a good feeling! I am still finishing a little late though.  I worked on a bunch of stuff, the various pieces and parts that I'm having trouble with.

When JJ got there to start my lesson we discussed the various issues I've come up with.  We worked the 2-foot spin a bit; JJ told me I need to put more (most) of my weight on my skating foot and just enough on the other to hold the toepick in the ice.  Anyway that helped a lot.  We ran the program and it went... not quite as well as earlier, but okay.  Then we dissected a bit :-) and worked on the waltz jump (hold the LFO a bit longer before the jump); the salchow (many corrections); and the ending pose.  We finished up with a discussion about the orientation of the program and judges and I found that I've had it backwards in my head from JJ's conception.  Eeep.  So I need to turn the end pose out a bit so that it comes back toward the judges.

The competition is 11 days away and I still have one lesson and about 5 or 6 hours of skating left.  I think it will be okay.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home