Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Program Revisions

This morning's lesson on the 7 a.m. FS at Gilbert as usual.  Before we started we spent some time discussing a number of issues with the program.  The Cactus Classic registration folks had originally posted that I was going to compete with the women's APB free skate (total of 3 people including me).  I was a bit confused by this since I didn't think they were allowed to group men and women together for a free skate**.  Sure enough I got an email from them Monday evening saying this was a mistake and letting me know that I could skate an exhibition or they'd give me a refund.  JJ and I agreed I should do the exhibition.

We worked a lot on the program regrouping some problem areas and moving some things around.  This is what the final program looks like:
  • opening pose
  • 2-foot spin
  • RBI pivot
  • push into L foot glide w/arms
  • 2 foot transition w/arms
  • R foot glide
  • RFI mohawk
  • arm snap
  • BXOs into
  • waltz jump
  • Mohawk sequence (LFI mohawk/step forward/RFI mohawk/step forward)
  • Salchow
  • BXOs w/arms into
  • spin
  • skate forward, T-stop w/arms
  • Arms down
  • bunny hop
  • stroke-stroke
  • L foot lunge
  • RFI3/step forward
  • toe loop (waltz lol)
  • transition into 
  • spin
  • skate forward into
  • lunge w/knee down
  • arm gesture (L arm on knee, R arm/hand up)
So we took some pieces and moved 'em around.  We have another lesson on Thursday to work through this.

We also spent some time on the salchow again and JJ gave me a tip that seems to help keep me from getting "stuck" when trying to do the entry -- lift the trailing (L) arm/hand.   I'm not sure why but it really does help.  Good stuff.

** When I skated my first competition (PCAS '08) it was not a free skate but an artistic so it was okay to group me with the women.  Free skate regulations are a lot stricter.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home