Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Program

Today's lesson with JJ on the 7 a.m. FS at Gilbert.. as usual good ice and an uncrowded session until 7:45 then it got kinda busy! We had postponed this lesson from Tuesday.

First off JJ asked me if I was warmed up and I said yes but I hadn't done any spins... so of course he wanted me to do one... and I did a really nice perfectly centered 2-rev spin with a circle size about 4 inches or so... really textbook!  Wow, I don't know where that came from...

We went on to work on the salchow a bit more and the main correction for this was to hold the entrance and exit of the 3 longer, which made it considerably less rushed and much, much better... so we moved on.

Before we worked on the 2nd half of the program we did a runthrough of what we had... and it actually went very well!  Which to me means that I did everything and didn't fall :-).  So we moved on and worked on the 2nd half.  Basically it looks like this, starting at the blue line and from a standing-start pose I get to with a T-stop:
  • bunny hop (ugh!)
  • 2 strokes
  • lunge
  • RFI mohawk
  • step forward to L foot
  • LFI mohawk
  • step forward to R foot
  • toe loop (well, toe-waltz right now :-()
  • spin
  • pose
It doesn't look like there will be any time left after the spin in this case to do anything more than pose, it's pretty tight on time.  We spent a bunch of time working on the bunny hop, I just hate them and hadn't done one in a long time.  To be honest I know I am going to worry about the dang bunny hop the whole time but after that it will be home free.  Hmph!

I have two lessons next week and I'm skating at Alltel on Monday so I can get a feel for the ice there.  $14 for a walk-on 45 min session... sheesh!

I am starting to feel a bit more at home at Gilbert.. Nikki had brought some snickerdoodles she had made and she gave me one, it made me feel like a part of the gang :-).   Sometimes it's the little things!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home