Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

BO8s & Waltz-8

Today's figures lesson on the Chandler coffee club as usual.

Today's lesson:
  • BO8s -- I'd wanted to look at these last week but we didn't get to it.  Since the BO8 attacks one of my big weaknesses (holding the BO edge with the free foot in front) we spent some time on it.  Aaaaah!  It's so hard for me to hold this position without hunching over!  We also worked on the push a bit to try to get right to the outside edge so there's no flatting, and to try to keep the skating knee soft.  We did make some progress but there's a lot to do here.
  • Waltz-8 -- having spent all that time on the BO edge we went back to these.  They continue to (slowly) improve; I have more control on the step forward, but still usually step to a flat (at best) not an FO.  Grrr. 
All in all a pretty good lesson but there's so much to do, it is frustrating sometimes.  I fell a number of times on the step forward which I had not done in a while.  Oh well!

      Labels: ,

      0 Comments:

      Post a Comment

      << Home