Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 02, 2010

Perseverance

I skated the 8:30 a.m. FS at Chandler as usual today.  As usual of late a bit crowded, about 12 skaters I think and like 7 coaches.  Not as busy as last week though!

I had an okay skate.  Spins were not as good as yesterday :-( -- don't know if it's the ice or me (probably me).  I worked a bunch on the 2nd half of the program especially the footwork sequence; the last step forward I keep wanting to turn the opposite way!  Grrr.  Of course I am supposed to show I can turn either direction...  I also worked a bunch on toe loop straight into spin... my toe loop exit is not as solid as the waltz jump so it's a bit dicey to do the spin without turning forward and backward again but I don't have time.  It got better though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home