Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, July 05, 2010

Skating At Alltel

I skated the 7:30 a.m. FS session at Alltel Ice Den up in Scottsdale; it is the venue for the Cactus Classic competition that I will be doing in less than 3 weeks (!).  It's a training center and it's very well organized and a bit pricey -- walkon for the session (45 min) this morning was $14.  Geez.  Contract prices are lower. 

There were about 10 people on the session (it was "open" FS, they have others that are restricted to upper level skaters), so not too bad, but then it was a holiday!  I had a pretty good skate, did several good salchows (including the very first one), which was encouraging.  I did a program runthrough w/music and that went... okay.  I didn't fall but I did totally forget to do most of the footwork after the bunny hop.  What the heck?  And even with that I barely had time after the last spin to step forward and strike a pose to end.  So... not sure about that.  I think there's too much footwork there.  I'll talk with JJ about it.  Still it was a good skate and more importantly I know my way around up there now so that's good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home