Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Bonus Skate

I don't usually skate on the weekends but Chandler had some later FS time today and I was free... and there's a lot to do!  So I skated the 11:30 a.m. FS.  I had a pretty good skate!  Worked a bunch on the 2nd half of the program and ran it a number of times.  The bunny hop is more-or-less okay now, so that's good.  The only issue with the 2nd half of the program for me right now is that JJ wanted me to do all the footwork between the blue lines and it is taking me a lot more space and time than that...

I also worked on the first part of the program and did a number of salchows.  I got several that were more or less okay -- at this point I'm just happy if I'm doing them even if they aren't particularly great.  I really just have to make myself wait on the entrance and exit and that seems to solve my not jumping issue at least.

All in all a pretty good skate and I'm glad I got the extra time.  No skating tomorrow!  Monday I skate in the morning at Alltel and then in the evening at Gilbert as usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home