Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Perseverance

I skated the 5:10 FS at Gilbert as usual.  On the way to the rink I stopped by the seamstress and picked up my competition shirt and pants.  She put some velcro on them so that the shirt will not come out of the pants no matter what I do (pretty much).  Before I skated I got to show them to JJ and he thinks it's good to go.  I still need a V-neck t-shirt to wear under (I only have scoop neck and it shows) and I have to change my laces out (no more blue :-() and also dig out my silver cufflinks.  Other than that I am good to go.

I had a pretty good skate.  I had my skates sharpened on Saturday so I'm still adjusting a bit but no difficulties.  I only did one full runthrough with music though.  It went... okay.  Okay in the sense that I didn't fall and I was only a little behind at the end.  The positives:

  • waltz jump was on time and well-placed
  • remembered pretty much all my arm movements except, I think, the arms down before the 2nd half.
  • footwork into the toe loop was good and so was the bunny hop
  • toe loop was good
The negatives:
  • Didn't land the salchow (but didn't fall at least)
  • probably need to look up (okay I'm sure I do) more
  • BXOs into the waltz jump were scratchy
  • didn't quite finish on time (need about 4 more seconds)
All in all not so bad.  I am a bit mystified that I am finishing late especially when we moved stuff out of the second half and I started it pretty much on time.  I'm not sure where the time went.  Hmmph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home