Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 09, 2010

FO8, BO8 & Waltz-8

Today's figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.

  • FO8s -- we only tried one new layout of these.  They are still being very inconsistent.  Even the RFO8 was not nearly as good as it was on Wednesday :-(.  I did eventually get some decent ones though.
  • BO8 -- these continue to slowly improve.  I actually got all the way around on an RBO8!  Posture continues to improve also.  The LBO8 is definitely a lot weaker; I am getting past the half-way mark and then I tend to get stuck on a flat that I can't fix.  Grrr.
  • Waltz-8 -- these are about the same.  I managed to return to center on the R side but the L side is still wildly uncontrolled after the step forward.  
I'm really pleased with my progress on the BO8, but very frustrated on my FO8s.  I am competing these at the All-Figures competition in 4 weeks and they are not good enough.  Grrr.   And by that I don't mean "not good enough to win", that is a given -- they are not good enough to be respectable.  Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home