Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Program

Today's lesson on the 7 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  We started with a program runthrough -- a bit rough.  I messed up the opening 2-ft spin, forgot the arm snap before the BXOs.  Didn't land the salchow, and was a bit late getting to the bunny hop.  Toe loop and spin were okay but I was out of time and didn't do the final pose.

So we had a lot to talk about and work on!  We worked on the opening pose a bit then went on to work on the salchow a bit.  I did like 3 nice ones in a row and then 3 bad ones in a row :-(.  

JJ talked with me about being more deliberate on the footwork, to make each step intentional (and look that way).   He also said I need to do the final pose even if it's late, it will still be okay.

After my lesson I was already pretty tired but I worked on spins a bit and then a bunch of time working the opening of the program (I am tired of looking stupid on a freakin' 2-foot spin and RBI pivot!) until it was pretty solid.  Also more time on the other transitions and on the footwork.

All in all I think I'm about where I need to be, I just need to run the program a bunch more times.  Fortunately there is time between now and then so it should be okay.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home