Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Perseverance

I skated for an hour of FS at Chandler this morning -- really grateful for the morning ice availability!  Ice was kinda ukky (looked like it sat all night and hadn't been Zammed since) but okay.

I had a decent skate.  Went out and did two decent salchows but all the ones after were pretty bad.  Did a program runthrough w/music and didn't finish on time -- I was actually late starting the 2nd half, which is a first.  Eeep.  I spent a lot of time working segments of the program, especially the very beginning, the footwork into the salchow, and the footwork into the toe loop.  Hmmph.  Less than 2 weeks until I skate; on the positive side I know my program and I'm not worried about it.  On the negative side I'm not sure I've ever successfully landed the salchow IN the program.  Grrr.    Well, I have a little time still so I know what I need to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home