Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

F8s & BO8

Today's figures lesson on the Chandler coffee  club as usual.  We are on the harder hockey ice this week and next.  Bleah!

Today's lesson:
  • FI8 -- these are in pretty good shape but I can't be complacent.  Have to remember to hold that free hip back, esp. on the LFI8.
  • FO8 -- a bunch of time on these, mostly on the LFO edge.  I had Lynne hold my hand (I think that's the first time) while I got REALLY far over on the LFO.  Wow! So different to get that really deep edge.  We did that a couple of times and I think it really helped me feel just how far over  I can go and how hard I can push into the edge and still be secure.
  • BO8 -- RBO8 is coming along well!  I actually got around a couple of times.  The 2nd half of the circle is difficult for me, hard to get my head turned and keep leaning into the edge so I don't go flat.  LBO8 is not nearly as good but we made some good progress.
I realized today I only have 3 more lessons before the All-Figures competition.  Eeeep!  I am competing the FI8 and FO8 in the "Restricted" category.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home