Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Program Final Tweaks

Today's lesson with JJ on the 7 a.m. FS at Gilbert as usual.  This was our last chance for program tweaks and corrections!

We ran the program twice and worked on some of the areas I was concerned about -- 2-ft spin and the salchow.  I know the salchow will be fine if I just relax and hold the entrance and exit of the 3.  I did one with JJ where I was really just trying to do the 3 and I pretty much jumped without trying to.  So, it is possible.

We also reviewed the final pose, bows to judges and audience, and the warmup.  Since I am first to skate after the warmup I only get 4 minutes :-( so that will take some adjusting.  I'm sure it will be fine.  JJ will not be able to be at my practice ice but I'm not concerned.  All in all I would like more time to prepare but I don't have it, so... I get to skate Wed. and Friday and then practice ice Sat. and then I skate! 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home