Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Perseverance

I skated the 5:10 FS at Gilbert as usual.  The ice was noticeably nicer than last week!  Much less bumpy, almost as nice as Sherwood ice :-).

I worked a bunch on program transitions and some of my trouble spots, and ran the program once.  In the runthrough I almost landed the salchow; spins were just okay and I finished just slightly late.  I'm thinking if I can avoid hesitating between the 3-turn and the toe loop I can probably finish on time, unless I get a really good spin :-).

I spent more time on the salchow and of the 8 or 9 I think I did I only got like 2 that were good.  Geez.  I worked a bunch on the 2-foot spin and it's still a little wonky -- starting with my arms in throws me off.  I did a bunch of spins and got several that were okay and one that was quite outstanding -- 3 revs and perfectly centered! 

Competition is Saturday at 6:30 p.m.!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home