Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Last Practice

I skated the 8:30 a.m. FS this morning at Chandler for my last regular practice before the competition.  Unfortunately the session started late due to a) the hockey people not getting off on time and b) an ice cut.  I was happy to have the ice cut though.

Skating was a mixed bag.  I did 3 okay salchows and worked on a bunch of stuff. However when I ran my program I still biffed the salchow (in a new and different way) and was a little thrown so I forgot to do the arm-thing into the spin.  Grrr.  Other than that and a bit of weakness on the 2-foot spin it was an okay runthrough.

So tomorrow I have practice ice at 12:30 and then my warmup (w/the APB ladies) is at 6:30... so by 6:40 I will be able to log another competition in the books!

In other news I signed up to skate at the Sherwood Invitational at my old home rink at the end of August.   It's a fun competition and it lines up nicely with a work trip to PDX that I already had planned anyway so it was kind of a no-brainer.  My old coach Sonya said she'd put me on the ice, so that will be fun.  Anyway it should be a blast.   I'm a little surprised in a way, though -- it's been almost 2.5 years since my last (and first!) competition and now here I am doing 3 competitions (Cactus, the All-Figures competition and Sherwood) in the space of about 5 weeks! Wow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home