Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Edges & Waltz-8


Today's lesson was on the beyoooooootiful ice at 8:15.
  • FO, FI edges -- FI edges looking good. FO edges, I'm still working on keeping the feet close and getting a better push with no wobbles.
  • BI edges -- after some flailing around these are starting to look a bit better. I'm still tending to have small lobes and having trouble managing the rotation.
  • Waltz-8 -- still with 2-foot turns, of course. We worked on getting a bigger circle and a better BO edge, holding that BO edge longer and with more control. Some success on this.
After the lesson I spent more time on the waltz-8, and especially working on my CW 2-foot turns -- eep! They are bad, not surprisingly (it's the 'wrong' direction).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home