Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Perseverance


I had the morning off so skated an hour at the public session. It's nice to be well-rested before skating, for once. A good session, only 3 adults (counting me).

I warmed up, worked on edges and XOs for a bit, then did a Moves runthough. Eeep! On the positive side, while I was quite tired at the end I was not, I think, quite as tired as when I did the actual test. On the negative side, I was still pretty darn tired, my back was really hurting me, and I fell on the last set of FXOs on the CW stroking. I also probably took slightly longer breaks in between moves than I would get on the test. It took me 19 minutes.

In general the moves were okay. Like I said, I fell on the FXOs finishing up the CW stroking, so that was kind of annoying -- just caught my toepick, but I'd not done that in quite a while. Edges were not bad, I'm remembering to look up a bit on my back edges so that's good. FXOs were okay, BXOs still fairly bad. Waltz-8 was okay. 3-turn pattern was just okay, in some places I was exhibiting a bit more control than in the past but they still could use a lot of improvement.

After the runthrough I had about 12 minutes so I worked on 3-turn pattern and 3s in general for a bit, fell again on an RFO3 (what's up with that?).

Lesson tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home