Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Edges & Waltz-8


Today's figures lesson was on the 8:15 FS as usual. This is really a great session for this, fresh ice and not crowded. I couldn't ask for better conditions.

Today's lesson:
  • F edges -- as usual. FO edges are still a bit dicey as far as really holding the body position, I'm still falling onto the flat far too often. FI edges are looking and feeling pretty good.
  • FO8 -- just a little time on this. I'm still not getting a good enough push on these and of course my FO edges aren't quite as good as they need to be. I'm really amazed at how much of a difference I can feel between really being on the edge vs. a flat, and how big a difference it makes in my flow and run. I couldn't ever feel/see this difference in my FS blades.
  • Waltz-8 -- I told Kelli I'd done some of these with a 2-foot turn in place of the 3, so we worked on them a bit. They are very rough. I'm doing the 2-foot turn in place of the 3, and also on two feet for the step forward (every time I try to do the step forward as a Mohawk I fall). Lots of room for improvement as my back edges still have a long way to go.
After the lesson I had a half hour to work on all of this stuff. I concentrated more on FO edges since those are my weak point, but also time on the waltz-8 and back edges too. Eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home