Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

A Little Progress


I skated the 6 p.m. FS as usual... now that summer is over it's a bit more crowded but since the competition was last weekend I think a number of skaters took the week off, there were only 12 of us or so.

I worked on a bunch of moves stuff, didn't have energy for jumps today. I worked on not letting the free leg get away from me on the BO edge on the L side of the waltz-8 and some some good improvement (though I still tend to get on my toes a bit). Worked on my BXOs, especially the bad side, and saw some improvement as well -- the key today was really working to stay down in the knees. On the 3-turn pattern I worked on fixing the back lobe, but I'm still pretty inconsistent. When I actually remember to bring the arm back and do the 2nd weight shift the BXO is nice and the whole thing works, but I have trouble remembering to do that. Grrr.

I spent a little time on figures even though I was wearing my FS blades, and I'm seeing some real improvement. I got all the way around the RFO circle! And on the others I was quite close, even though my circle were HUUUGE for some reason. I'm glad I'm seeing some improvement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home