Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

FO Edges


This week's figures lesson was on the 6 p.m. FS as usual. We will be moving to Thursday mornings after Labor Day.

I noticed during my warmup that apparently the rink is swapping out their arena-style lights for what appear to be vanilla long-bulb fluorescent lights. They are about 1/3 done. While the light is a bit more even, there appears to be less light and the color temperature is cooler. It's annoying and distressing. Oh well :-(. I'm sure it's a cost-saving measure.

Since we spent our lesson last week working on FI edges we went to FO this week. Fortunately I had worked on these on Sunday a bit. Fortunately also I'm starting to get more comfortable on my patch blades; they aren't as scary but it's still a couple of minutes of whoa! every time I'm on them. FO edges are coming along nicely but I'm having issues with the RFO, it's hard for me to keep my L hip up. It got better though. Lots of progress!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home