Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday Non-Zoo


I skated the Sunday public session as usual, but it was very un-zoo-like. For the first hour or so there were only 8 - 12 skaters on the ice -- very nice! After that there were some hockey boys and it filled up a bit, but still very uncrowded. I assume it's from either summer vacations, the air show up in Hillsboro, or the Olympics on TV.

I spent an hour in my FS blades, worked a lot on jumps and spins. I'm still having issues not coming straight off my toepick on the waltz jump. The half flip is looking good (I did 5 or 6 just to be thorough). Some time on the toe loop but it's still not really happening. At best it's a very, very bad toe-waltz at this point. Spins... I did manage a 2-rev one foot spin, but the first circle was about 4 inches in diameter and the second, more like 14 inches. Bleah!

After that I changed into my patch blades and spent a half hour in them (that's all I could take!). I did get more comfortable in them and worked on FI edges and even some FO edges. Eeeep. Still, it's slowly improving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home