Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Back Edges & Spins


As usual, lesson at 7 a.m. Good ice, 6 skaters. Sonya was in a feisty mood.

Today's lesson:
  • RBO pivot -- I was complaining about how I'm still dragging my toepick on the BO edge leading into my waltz jump -- so we revisited these. I had neglected them, unfortunately. Anyway, some pretty good progress on them, they are almost there! It did illustrate to me that my edges are still not what they need to be.
  • Back edges -- from the pivot we looked at back edges some more, still looking at edge quality. Worked on really getting over my skate -- it seems bizarre to me that after all this time I still struggle with this! Oh well. Some improvement. I do still work my edges so that helped.
  • Spins -- we did a few 2-foot spins first; Sonya pointed out I was dropping my L shoulder. Once I fixed that it was a lot better. 1-foot spins.... I'm still tending to bounce off the toepick on these. I was doing some really strange things with my entrance, anyway -- not sure why that is. I think these would be a lot better if I would slow them down and relax more.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home