Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday Zoo


Skated the Sunday public as usual. Not too crowded, but lots more people than last week! One z-break at 3 p.m. I spent an hour on FS blades and half an hour on my patch blades.

FS blades -- worked miscellaneous stuff. Did some really nice waltz jumps, for some reason I'm getting good flow on them. A couple of half flips -- okay but not getting the best position coming out. Spins, about the same, good flow but still bouncing off my toepick. I had told myself to try going into the spins slower to see if that would help but I don't think I executed well. Did some 2-foot spins as well, these are getting closer to being as good as they used to be. Worked on the RBO pivot but no real progress.

Patch blades --- eep. Basically managed to get back to being able to do all FO and FI edges. Tried some simple backward skating and a BO edge, I was skidding all over the place. Eeep!

Skate buddies Lisa and Amy were present today, it was nice to have some company. Hadn't seen Lisa since my test. She's working on counters and rockers.... eeep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home