Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

FO8


Figures lesson with Kelli on the 6 p.m. FS as usual. I got to the rink early so I skated the last half hour of the 5:15 FS also, so by the time my lesson started I was pretty warmed up and feeling (relatively) comfortable with my patch blades.

We spent this lesson on the FO8. Not that I made it all the way around, not even once *sigh*. FO edges in these blades are really scary -- it makes me think I never was getting a good FO edge in my FS blades, actually. Lots of corrections on posture and weight placement and other stuff. Good progress, even if it does make me feel like a beginning skater again. It's coming. Kelli told me I may be making my circles too big and I should try to rein them in. I can always make them bigger later.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home