Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Salchow


Today's lesson was the last in the 7 a.m. timeslot -- next lesson will be 7:30 as the rink goes back to the schooltime schedule.

Today's lesson:
  • FXOs -- touching base on these. They continue to slowly improve, getting a better underpush. Sonya followed me around the circle telling me to push harder and bend my knees more :-).
  • FO3s -- argh. Sonya wanted to work on these. They are not so great. Working on having more control, better setup. It's very frustrating to me that these are still this bad after 5 years of skating. Grrr.
  • Salchow -- the last half of the lesson. Not much progress, I'm still jumping too late and not bringing the R leg through like I need to.
I'm very frustrated with my lack of progress on the last two elements. The salchow... I just have no feel for how this should go. It occurred to me on the drive in to work that I might try the mohawk entrance again since part of my problem is that I feel off-balance after the 3 so it's hard to bring the R leg and arm through. I'll have to work on that.

No lesson next week due to Labor Day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home