Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Edges and 8s


Today's figures lesson was at 8:15, postponed from yesterday due to a work conflict I had. Since Kelli had another lesson to give at 8:45, I was on the ice at 7:30 to warm up so we could start promptly at 8:15.

Today's lesson:
  • FO edges -- these are still kind of uncomfortable but they are improving. I'm doing better about staying on the edge and my flow is improving.
  • FI edges -- these are a lot better than the FO. I did a set that was really, really nice so we moved on!
  • FO8 & FI8 -- these are coming along. I'm still not getting all the way around (it's now more like 7/8 of the circle) but the push off and edges are generally improving.
In my warmup I started working (shhh, don't tell Kelli :-)) on back edges since I know she's going to want to start 'em soon. They are scary but not as scary as when I first played with 'em a few weeks ago.

Kelli and I were the only ones on the ice during my lesson and the music was off -- wow. You can actually hear when I go onto a flat instead of being on the edge. Not just feel, but even hear. We had such nice ice... this session is golden. I gotta skate it more often.

All in all a terrific lesson. I'm really pleased that I'm finally making some progress with this. Now if i can just learn to do 3s in these blades I'll really have something :-).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home