Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Moves


Today's lesson was moved up to 7 a.m. due to a scheduling conflict Sonya had. I got on the ice at 6:45 a.m.

Today's lesson:
  • Waltz-8 -- Sonya saw me working on these so of course she had to have me do a couple. The main thing she wanted to work on was keeping the free foot close before the step forward. I usually do this, actually (at least on the R foot we were looking at), but I wasn't today.
  • FXOs -- these are getting smoother. The L side still needs work but they are improving a lot, better flow. Need to keep working on them.
  • BXOs -- Bleah. Worked on staying down in the knees, and especially on keeping the chin up. Not much progress though.
  • Spins -- we worked on these both from a 2-foot spin and from BXOs. Not much progress to report. Sonya is still trying to get me to slow these down a bit.
After my lesson I skated until 8 a.m., then during the ice cut I changed to my patch blades and skated another 45 minutes. In my FS blades I worked on the 3-turn pattern and a bunch of other stuff (FXOs etc.). In my patch blades I had plenty of time to work on all kinds of stuff. Still a lot of problems with my FO edges, it's just really hard to be consistent about them. I worked on BO and BI edges too, they are pretty stinky right now. I also decided to try the waltz-8 as well (with a 2-foot turn, I'm not *that* ambitious). Oddly enough, the 2-foot turn was fine, but I fell on the step forward. Duh. Oh well! That's what practice is for.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home