Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

YAMR (1st Half)


I was on the ice today at 7 a.m; we started my lesson around 7:20 or so. We decided to do another moves runthrough (Yet Another Moves Runthrough = YAMR), but just the first half:
  • Stroking -- okay, though Sonya did comment that my second set of FXOs on the CW direction (ones I fell on yesterday) were better than the first set.
  • Edges -- F edges pretty good. BO edges I held my head up nicely, but when I got to BI edges all of a sudden my back was really bugging me and so they were pretty stinky. I've done much better before.
  • FXOs -- Just eh. I fell on the CW ones, partly because I was tired.
  • BXOs -- very scratchy. Sonya commented that on the bad side (that would be CCW) my tempo is twice as fast as on the good side -- I really need to slow them down.
  • 3s -- after the runthough we worked on FO3s and FI3s a bit, not much to report.
I'm a bit concerned. I've noticed this issue with my back bugging me before -- it really bugged me when I took my test, and it bothers me from time to time when I'm skating at public session. I'm pretty sure it's a posture issue since once I'm done skating or if I'm just standing around it doesn't bother me at all. I'm suspecting that my nerves are freezing my muscles up and I'm hunching over and that is what's causing it. I don't know what the fix is though. Obviously it would be to relax, but relaxing is the bane of my existence in general anyway. Oh well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home