Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Edges, Edges, Edges,


Today's figures lesson was on the 8:15 FS as usual. Today's lesson:
  • FO -- still a bit wonky at times but getting better. I'm setting the edge better from the start, but my push-off (a.k.a. "thrust") is sometimes a bit too much toward the toe.
  • FI -- these are looking pretty good. The last set I did were actually quite fast, at least for me. Whee!
  • BO -- these need a lot o' work. Tend to flat a fair amount or even force the edge. Also (as Sonya has also noted) I'm tending to bend forward (break at the waist) and look down too much.
  • BI -- we'd not done these before, but Kelli was really happy with them. Mostly because my posture is much better than on the BO! I'm staying over my skate pretty well and reasonably secure. Lobes are pretty small, though.
I really need to get more time in! I know, I keep saying this, but right now it's about 1.5 hours or 1.75 hours a week on patch and it's just not enough. I need at least another hour a week..

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home