Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, October 06, 2008

BXOs & Waltz-8


Today's lesson:
  • BXOs -- really just the bad side. Really working on trying to eliminate the toe-scratching. We worked on trying to get me to keep the front foot more in front, and bringing it across while keeping the weight on the back foot. Not much progress. I'm very frustrated with these. Sonya wants me to work on just doing back C-cuts with the foot in front.
  • Waltz-8 -- I'm doing a better job of keeping the free foot close on the BO edge, so now we are working on the step forward. I am waaaay up on my toes on this, I don't know why. The result is not only a bad step forward (too much "out", not enough "around"), but also a bad push so I don't have enough oomph to make it back to center. Some small progress.
All in all I feel very frustrated. I have been working on this stuff for soooo long and it still is stinky.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home