Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

New Blades!


I got my skates back with my new blades last night and skated on them for the first time this morning -- they are MK Professional Parabolic. Skated on them at the beginning of the 7 a.m. session... weird! Feels very different and taking some getting used to. It didn't help that I'd been off the ice for two weeks!

Today's lesson was mostly evaluating how my blades worked for me:
  • Stroking -- really just a straight line.
  • Back edges -- I'm a bit thrown but they quickly improved.
  • 3s -- FOs are better, FIs a little worse.
  • Spins -- both 2-foot and one-foot. I'm seeing a noticeable difference/improvement -- in particular I did my best one-foot spin ever, two solid revs.
Sonya's conclusion (which matched mine) is that the right blade needs to come in "a smidge." In general I'm liking these new blades a lot.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home