Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday Zoo


I skated the last hour or so of the Sunday public session. When I drove up the parking lot was *packed*, but it actually didn't seem to be any worse than most Sundays.

Skate buddy Lisa was there, just getting over a bad fall. She helped me work on controlling my 3s, with some progress -- THANKS LISA! Hopefully it will stick. I also worked a little on FXOs, BXOs and a few waltz jumps.

One problem I have in controlling my turns is that if I just skate an edge and then want to turn, I feel "stuck". As I was driving home it occurred to me that one exercise that might help fix this might be to trying skating an edge, then bending and straightening the skating knee a bit without actually turning. I'll see if I can remember to try this in the a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home