Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

New Friends


I skated the Sunday Zoo (a.k.a. public session) at Shiny Rink. Actually, it wasn't too zoo-like. It was a beeeyootiful Indian summer day, warm and sunny (shocking, actually!) so the rink wasn't too busy.

I worked a lot on my 3s, trying to control the entrance edge and placement. I found that I had some success holding the entrance longer but then the 3 was pretty ukky. Still, at this point I really need to hold that edge so my plan is to just work on making the 3s better once they are placed better. Also worked FXOs and BXOs a bit.

I made some new friends today.... first, Lisa (she skates at Mountain View) was there to check out the ice in advance of Adult Sectionals in March. She's a beautiful skater. I introduced her to skate buddies Amy, Mary and Christine who were also there. Second, I made a couple of new "little skate buddies", Helen and Marta, who latched on to me and made me show them how to stop and skate backwards. I'd guess they are around 10 and quite the pair. Helen introduced me to her dad (not skating), he seemed nice enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home