Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, October 08, 2007

Toe Loop


Today's lesson was in our new timeslot, on the 7 a.m. FS (a work commitment required me to move my lesson). I was a bit sleepy and cranky. Lauren, bless her heart, gave me a big smile and said "you made it!".

Today's lesson:
  • Waltz jump -- Just a few to warm up with. Sonya reminded me I need to do a better "collect" so that I can bring my arms through better, and higher. Some progress.
  • Toe loop -- Sonya wanted to look at these. I think I'm making it harder than it really is. The pick and draw is really just the same as the half flip, but on the other side. The real key is crossing the feet, and that's the part that is freaking me out. We made a little progress, and I can work on it on my own.
  • BO edges -- Sonya wanted to work these to get the free foot in front. I'm still struggling with this. It's a lot better when I remember to keep the free hip up!
  • FXOs -- just the bad side, at my request. These are getting smoother (not clunking the crossing foot down) but I'm tending to place it on a flat (or even an outside edge) and then flip to the inside edge. Sheesh. They did improve though.
As usual, though I was pretty cranky at the outset (I am just not a morning person), by the end of the session I was feeling pretty awake and chipper.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home