Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Edges, Jumps, Pivots


Today's lesson:
  • Back edges -- at my request. BO edges, still trying to get the free foot in front on the outgoing part of the lobe. Keeping the free hip up helps a lot and helps the edge be more stable too. BI is looking better; Sonya wants me to really keep the body turned out of the circle (bring free hand in front of me) for the first part of the lobe.
  • Waltz jump -- just a couple. I would get more lift if I would just use my arms more.
  • Salchow -- still jumping waaaay too late. Need more knee bend too. I'm not getting the feel for this. I can visualize it and imagine what it needs to be but can't make it happen yet.
  • Pivots -- Sonya wanted to look at these. BI pivot... not too bad but a little unsteady. FI is pretty good. Sonya wants to look at BO pivots next week.

All in all a good lesson but I'm feeling a little frustrated right now with the Salchow. I can see myself doing it and I think I know what it's supposed to feel like but it's just not there. Grrrr!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home