Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Regionals Road Trip


This weekend I went up to Seattle with skate buddy Mary to watch the last day of NW Pacific Regionals. The competition was at OlympicView Arena -- it's a pretty nice facility, although only a single sheet of ice.

There were a bunch of skaters from my home rink there. I didn't get to see all of them skate, but I did get to see Kelsey, Molly, Lauren, and Sam. I was really happy for Molly, she skated a great program and landed her axel! Kelsey and Sam had good skates in tough competition. Lauren got 2nd in her group and did a great job, she's so graceful and expressive.

While I was there I got reconnect with my old skate buddy Tate and his mom and dad, who I knew from my Tucson skating days. Kas (Tate's mom) was there when I was first learning to skate. Tate has grown quite a bit (he's 13 now, just moved up to Intermediate). Unfortunately I didn't get to see him skate -(.

I got to hang out with a couple of Mary's adult skating friends, Mike and Shelly, who are an adult silver (soon to be gold) pairs team. Sunday we all skated at Highland Arena. There were a lot of adults out there! It was very cool. Mike videotaped my waltz jump and one lobe of the 3-turn pattern (sorry, didn't get to keep 'em so I can't post). Alas, as others have reported, my waltz jump isn't nearly as high as I think it is :-(. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home