Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Perseverance


I traveled up to Shiny Rink+ for the evening public session. It seemed like a good idea, but because it's on the other side of Portland, it took me an hour to get there through horrible traffic -- I left at 6:15 or so and got there around 7:20. Coming back only took me half an hour :-).

The ice was only so-so and it was fairly crowded. I spent a good chunk of time on back edges, and also working on the half flip. Beyond that a little time on pretty much everything. No big breakthroughs, but I was glad I got some time in. 1.5 hours of driving for 1 hour of skating doesn't seem like such a great equation, though; I'll probably stick with Valley or Sherwood in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home