Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Workout


I managed to get to the 7:15 a.m. FS at Valley today, the first time I'd ever been at that session. It was a little crowded, but apparently that was due in part to a test session tomorrow. There was an ice dance pair working hard -- fun to watch, but a bit difficult to work around at times.

I worked on most stuff (no waltz-8 though). No big breakthroughs, but some time on half-flip prep, 3s, waltz jump, a couple brief spins. FXOs are continuing to improve slowly, I'm doing it "right" about 2/3 to 3/4 of the time on the good side and maybe 1/3 on the bad side. It's still really unnerving though to really get the crossed foot out there. BXOs are improving a little bit, I just need to remember to be more mindful of them.

I did work LFI3 a little but not as much as I should. They are still darn scary though. *sigh*

Addendum: I forgot to mention that I got my skates sharpened last Friday (first time since I bought them) and this was my first time skating on them. They were fine. Not as sharp as Jim used to do back in Tucson, but good. I had the pro shop at Shiny Rink do them and they seem to be fine, so yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home