Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Perseverance


I skated the evening public at Valley tonight. It was good workout. I spent a lot of time on FXOs, working to hold the crossed position. I also spent quality time on my back edges; I am able to keep the free foot in front on left foot now (usually), so that's real progress. However, now that I am getting a better pushoff on the BO edges I sometimes get "stuck" and can't rotate. I'm not sure why; I might be breaking at the waist a little. I also worked on BXOs, 3s (especially inside 3s) and Russian stroking. Worked on waltz-8, and it's really looking a lot better. Still need to work on keeping the darn free foot in front on the back edge, but even that is getting better. Finally, I spent some time on waltz jumps, working on the stuff from my lesson -- arm position and jump setup mostly. Some small progress there.

It was a really nice session, there were only two of us for most of the session. For 20 minutes or so a youngish (I'd guess 16 or 17) skater joined us. She said she'd not skated in a while, but she had some very nice single jumps and a nice Axel-loop combo. Ah, youth! To be able to skate like that after being off the ice for "a while"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home