Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Insights


I skated for 75 minutes at the evening public at Valley. I had a pretty good skate. Worked on LFI3s as much as I could stomach (which wasn't much), FXOs, BXOs, waltz jumps, and more.

Insight #1 -- I worked on the waltz-8 and realized that my problem with getting "stuck" on the BO edge was because I wasn't staying turned into the circle for the first part; I was rotating my upper body but trying to keep the free foot in front, which meant I couldn't then move the free foot back later. When I managed to stay turned into the circle I could then rotate at the halfway part of the edge and the whole thing worked much, much better. These are really improving.
Insight #2 -- I spent some time working the half flip entry, and while it's okay with the LFO3 entry, I tried it with the Mohawk entry and that seems to be much, much easier. It's much simpler to keep the LBI edge relatively straight this way. I will talk with Sonya about this when we go back to the half flip and see what she thinks.

All in all a pretty good skate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home